Saturday 30 June 2012

Chicks Dig Guys With Gloves

Ok, I stole the title from my friend's blog (sorry Ellie!) but they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. And I do absolutely <3 this blog!!! It is dedicated to one of my favourite books, miraculously not Dreaming Anastasia - it's Strange Angels, by the wonderful Lili St. Crow!

I would tell you guys about the plot, but she's done such a great job already that I don't have that much that I can say. So I'll say this: Dru (don't ask her what that's short for, she may rearrange your face) travels the country with her Dad, a hunter for things that go bump in the night. She's an only child, so it's been just the two of them ever since her Mom died when she was 5. They make a great team, and go on all their missions together. Well, almost always, sometimes she would stay with her Grandmama when it was too risky. At 16 now, she feels she can handle anything the supernatural crew throw at her.

But recently her Dad's been refusing to take her along, and when he doesn't come home one night, she know's something's up. Someone, or something, has turned him into a zombie, and (poor Dru!!!) she's forced to shoot him.

Orphaned, in a new town and alone, Dru finds an unlikely friend in the Half-asian goth outcast called Graves. Graves doesn't pry at her home life, but he does buy her food and give her a place to stay. She (and the reader) can't help but like him, so when he's bitten by a werwulf, she feels she has to help( she can't leave him, he bought her a burger! And he's her only friend in this new town). It is kind of her fault, that wulf was probably sent by the same person who killed and reanimated her father. However, new wulves can be totally unpredictable, and unstoppable when they crave their first meal of raw meat...

I'll say no more, but if you think that sounds good, (and trust me, it gets way better!!!) then please please pretty please with a hunk of raw meat on top visit Ellie's blog:

http://gravesisbetterthanchristophe.blogspot.co.uk/  (you'll find out who Christophe is there)

and you can also visit here:

http://www.strange-angels.com/  an entire website dedicated to this awesome series (yes, 5 books in total) while you're there take the "how Dru are you" test - it's fun!

and lastly, Lili St. Crow's very own website:

http://www.lilithsaintcrow.com/journal/the-books/strange-angels/

Thanks for reading guys! I'll leave you with the same sentence I've finished all my posts with: DON'T FORGET TO READ DREAMING ANASTASIA! And Strange Angels too! xxx :D



No comments:

Post a Comment